What is FITS?
FITS is the acronym for FAA Industry Training Standards. In the late 90’s the FAA and Aircraft manufacturers as well as avionics makers realized that the new Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA) would create a new flight environment that was significantly different from the older regime. TAA aircraft would be a”glass” cockpit environment as opposed to the older “round dial” aircraft. This presents a challenge to the older airmen and increase the training required for newer airman to receive their advanced licenses. They created the FITS training methodology to reduce the time and costs for training in TAA aircraft. FITS is scenario based and can be done in a simulator, flight training device or aircraft. For more information please see our section on FITS.
Why train in my aircraft instead of a simulator?
There are several reasons to train in your aircraft.
- No need to learn another navigation system or flight instrument set up.
- Our pilots come to your location and you train in your own airspace.
- No need for hotel rooms or rental cars and no significant down time for the crew.
- The cost is significantly less than simulator based training.
- And best of all, no simulator isms. (Simulator glitches that are built in)
Do I need to list you on my insurance?
No, Stark Aviation carries its own liability insurance.
Are you approved by my insurance?
Yes, but I would recommend you call your agent for verification.
Will you train me at my location?
How much do you charge?
- We have a list of prices in the training section.
- We also offer discounts for multiple pilots.
- We will need to incur expenses if we have to travel to your location.